The program for the built project will evoke Kalevala metaphor as a "think tank": a small retreat center to promote creative innovative ideas, intellectual exchange, negotiation, and communication, a place where nature and the setting evoke deeper thinking. It will serve as a catalyst for more events, collaborations, cultural activities, and innovative projects.
- About Spirit of Place-Spirit of Design
- About Spirit of Place-Swinford County Mayo-Ireland 2015
- About Spirit of Place-Downpatrick Head-County Mayo-Ireland 2014
- About Spirit of Place-Inishturk-County Mayo-Ireland 2013
- About Spirit of Place - Nepal 2011
- About Spirit of Place - Helsinki 2010
- The players: Helsinki
- FAQs: Helsinki
Thursday, July 15, 2010
During the 9-day design charette in Washington, DC in early January of this year, the Finnish and American students developed metaphoric designs based upon Finnish culture and mythology, expressed in a modern idiom in a variety of media. From there, they developed their own poetic and sculptural interpretations, which led to a further refined look into detailed architectural models and construction documents. The photos here show the final model representing the Kalavalakehto made of steel, glass, and wood.
Posted by The House That Lars Built at 12:25 PM